Finding the right speaker can be challenging.
All successful events boil down to two things:
- Communication and fit between the speaker
- Creation of an experience and connection with the audience
The first time I planned an event... I didn't know this, and even though we hired one of the premiere artists in Canada to come to the event and paid a multiple four figure speaking fee to this person, the speaker was sparse in his communication, didn't vet the talk with us beforehand, and he didn't create that magic moment that's so important for an audience to truly remember the core of the speaker's message.
So... every event that I planned after that for five years, I made sure to do my research and find exactly the right people. From having organized guest training lectures to all the way up to multi-day conference events, I completely understand the task in front of you and I genuinely appreciate you considering me as a speaker.
What to expect from me:
- Timely, courteous responses to your e-mails (within 24 business hours)
- A consultation to ensure that we are the best fit for each other
- A phone conversation with me (never a team member) prior to your event so I can make sure to customize my speech for your exact needs
- A dynamic presentation prepared for your audience - I never deliver exactly the same presentation twice, because every audience is different
- A customized resource page on my website created specifically for your audience with additional resources, including blog posts, books, and any programs that are beneficial to the audience.
- A quick follow-up questionnaire so I can make sure that your needs were met, and I know what can be improved.
Some background information about me:
I have been speaking professionally in both English and French for eight years on a wide variety of business, social, and personal development topics - the highlight of which was my TEDx talk that I gave in May 2018. I've also appeared on and contributed to some of the most popular media outlets and academic journals in the world, including Forbes, BBC News, Influencive, Thrive Global, and Huffington Post.
With a breadth of experience in 6 industries: influencer relations, talent management, social media marketing, digital marketing, the arts, and social issues (with an emphasis on women's, LGBTQ+, and disability issues). I have presented at industry conferences, been invited as a special lecturer at business retreats, and been a guest speaker at Universities across North America and Europe. My research and projects have been funded by prestigious institutions including the Social Science and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC), the Government of Nunavut, Hydro Quebec, and the Fonds de recherche du Québec - Société et culture (FRQSC) and I've had the opportunity to learn from industry leaders in these fields. Currently, my focus is on speaking, consulting, and writing.
I live in a suburb of Montreal across from a community soccer field where I get to see everything from elderly women in neon tracksuits power walking to a couple that does tai chi daily to kids who can barely walk kicking a soccer ball around every single day. I'm incredibly blessed to be able to travel and collaborate with clients (many of whom become friends) all over the world and meet amazing new people. When I'm not working, chances are I'm shopping for new makeup, or watching RuPaul's Drag Race.
Watch my TEDx talk
I speak on topics related to new age spirituality and methodologies, business strategy, leadership and diversity, and the influencer space. My presentations are always customized to your needs. My goal is to be a collaborator in helping you achieve the outcome that you desire.
I can present any of these as a keynote or workshop:
- Influence: Building profitable brands on social media
- Millennial AF: How to connect with affluent millennial women online
- Storyselling: Creating and leveraging powerful brand stories that sell
- Micro influencers, macro profit: The powerful potential of micro influencers
- Value of Video: Leveraging the most important form of marketing
What others are saying:
Photos from prior speaking engagements
Our next step
Thanks once again for considering me for your event or business. To see my availability for an initial consultation, click on the button below to schedule a mutually convenient time. In the event that none of the listed times work, e-mail email@example.com and a team member will get back to you as soon as possible.
Past Media Appearances
The Brand Doctor Podcast - 3 steps to polishing your personal brand
Erika Ashley is an award-winning social media and influencer marketing strategist, consultant, and speaker whose been involved in the influencer space since the days of Myspace. Her work combines her past careers in journalism, not-for-profit management, public relations, and arts management to bring a unique flare to the influencer marketing space.
Erika has worked with numerous brands both as an influencer marketing specialist and as a beauty and fashion influencer, including Proactiv, Clarisonic, PIOL Dress, Clean + Clear, Forever21, and H+M. Her previous clients include Grammy winning bands, entrepreneurs, lifestyle influencers, and A-list celebrities.
Erika's a regular contributor to Thrive Global, Influencive, and Forbes and is a TEDx speaker. She's been featured in numerous top media outlets including BBC News, Nylon, Forbes, Health Magazine, MindBodyGreen, Levo League, Brit + Co., and Martha Stewart Weddings.